2022年1月15日土曜日

Jesus Diamante Sizing

Heya Bunnies!!

I want to make a post about my favourite hime brand: Jesus Diamante!

I also like to call it JD...it's shorter this way🥰

Because before you start buying some of these lovely dresses it might be good to know that JD is not size-friendly at all.

I would say I am a EU36/38 (S) and wear JD size 42!!

Which is sadly also the largest size available.

So technically the chart could go this way:

42=S 

40=XS 

38=XXS 

Joking...it's probably not but it feels this way.

My measurements:

Bust: 86cm/33,9inches (AAA-cup)

Waist: 75cm/29,5inches

Hips: 96cm/37,8inches

My first JD dress I bought was a size 38...I didn't look up the sizing and even if, I nowhere found a size chart by JD after receiving the dress...because as most who are familiar with JD sizes would expect...it was way too small.

It was a dress with thick straps which weren't too tight, but about the zipper in the back..

I could never in a million years close it.

I still own that dress and I am thinking about adding something in the back🤔

Like a corset, to tie it in the back maybe...

Because that dress is so beautiful, I don't want to sell it...it hurts my heart so much. 

However size 40 is also very tight on me.

I have the feeling every dress has different measurements.

I bought a haul of different JD dresses (all size 40).

There was only one I could close unfortunately.

This one. Couldn't close it. Currently selling for 35€.
This one. Couldn't close it. Sold.
Same dress, different print. Couldn't close it. Sold.
I bought the same dress in size 42. I can close it now but the thick straps are still too tight. I might alter it.

So thick straps=tighter fit.
Same about this one. Couldn't close it. Sold.

I have the same dress in a different variation now in size 42.
I love it♥️ even tho I wished I could have owned the rare yellow one.

Thin straps=looser fit
This was the only one that fit. However it is uncomfortable under my armpits and I wish I could size up this dress. Currently selling for 39€.

All these pics were meant for a friend, so I wasn't styled and my room looked messy in the background🙃 I was still living with my parents back then.

Sometimes size 40 fits, sometimes not...however to be sure I stopped buying size 40 and I am only looking for size 42 now.

The best dresses are without sleeves..

Like this...I feel like the thin straps are more size-friendly.
Thick straps are tighter again. Like I said, every dress has different measurements...this is showing it again. I have the exact dress, same size but in a red tartan print and the red dress is bigger and the straps not as tight. So weird.

Almost all JD dresses are made out of fabrics that can't be stretched. Even if I fit in a dress, looking like a cute doll...I can't lift my arms.

I got one dress with short sleeves by JD (also size 42) and moving my arms was barely possible.


The dress before I cut up the sleeves...I never finished this "project" but maybe I should🤣

I cut off the band that was responsible for the bare movement in it and wanted to switch it with something else...maybe a satin band with an elastic band in it since you can find plenty of them in the stores. It wouldn't be difficult to find them.

There is one type of dress by JD that is a lil more friendly when it comes to sizing.

I got these in a size 38! And I can comfortably fit one of my arms in there as well.

(With my body together...if you understand what I mean).

It has no sleeves or straps and it has shirring in the back and in the front.

It exists in various different prints...so if you want to own something by JD but aren't sure if you could ever fit in...this one is worth a try.

About all others however, you need to be lucky to fit in.

So what now if I want to be a beautiful princess but don't fit in JD?

If you already own a JD dress and it didn't fit...think about DIYing it. Where is the problem?

Is it the sleeves? The zipper?

Think creative and come up with a great idea to alter it. 

And what if not? Find alternatives.

JD is all about looking elegant. Roses or rococo prints are typical...look at your fav JD design and analyse it.

Is it A-line? What fabrics are used? Whats the print on it? Are there any details that make it special? Bows? Tulle? How long is it?

And then try to find similiar dresses offbrand, you could also always glam up an existing dress to become as close as possible to your fav JD design.


2 件のコメント:

  1. Daaaaammmnnnn. It's a good thing I never got any from this brand...even tho they're all beautiful!!! If you can't close the zippers then I def can't Dx
    きーりん♡
    kiringalblog.com

    返信削除
  2. Ahh! Thank you so much for writing this! It was such an informative read!

    返信削除

Popular Posts